Group Compliance Manager
- Fantastic 9 month fixed term | secondment opportunity
- Based at our Norwest Support Office in Bella Vista
- Strong track record of Compliance management in a large, ASX listed organisation
- Exceptional business partnering and stakeholder management at all levels, including Executive and Board level.
Responsible for providing assurance to the Woolworths Group Board and Audit Risk Management and Compliance Committee (ARMCC) that compliance controls are operating effectively and compliance requirements are being met.
The Group Compliance Manager is responsible for the Compliance Management System (CMS) and its effective implementation across the Group. The CMS enables the Group Compliance function to deliver regular, consistent, and quality compliance assurance to our Board of Directors and the ARMCC.
Your accountabilities will include
- Continue to Implement and manage the Compliance Management System (CMS) which is the road map for how compliance is managed across the Woolworths Group.
- Ensure the CMS is consistent with ISO19600:2015, the Australian Standard for Compliance programs (and incorporates the ISO31000:2009 risk assessment process for compliance risk).
- Embed practical and working Operational Compliance Plans (OCP’s) for all Core and Portfolio businesses which capture compliance obligations, risk and controls related to Woolworths business operations and record control owners and monitoring/reporting tasks. The OCP’s should be a source of the truth for how we do business at Woolworths' in a compliant manner.
- Stakeholder engagement to ensure business unit OCP’s are updated and in line with business compliance risks. Provision of assistance and support where required to ensure updates are appropriately managed.
- Stakeholder engagement via hosting regular forums with business units to ensure a functional structural ‘business compliance interchange’. The business compliance interchange enables Group Compliance to work cooperatively with Business Units and to report to the ARMCC.
- Host regular meetings with key compliance business stakeholders to assist in business change to implement new compliance requirements (including due to legislative or regulatory change) in conjunction with Group Legal Services.
- Design and implement an annual monitoring plan to monitor and improve compliance performance across the group. Information is utilised and translated into best in class reporting for the Group from key business stakeholders to the Board and ARMCC.
- Continuous implementation, embedding and monitoring of Woolworths Licence to Operate (LTO) training program to enable team members to understand relevant laws, industry codes and standards of good corporate governance.
- Oversight of independent escalation services. Liaise with third party consultancy for all internal Speak UP matters. Ensure appropriate administration of the Team Member and Vendor Speak Up programs.
- Integration of identified regulatory risks into business compliance, planning and decision making.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and training to the business in support of the Group Compliance Framework.
- Work with Legal Services as necessary to seek appropriate guidance for the business with regard to compliance requirements.
- Communicate Group wide compliance strategies, policies and standards.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Woolworths Group to meet compliance standards.
- Effective, engaged and capable working Team. Proactive management of team ensuring that Group Compliance is seen as a highly regarded business partner. Efficient processes are in place to ensure a continuous improvement approach is imbedded.
- Monitor and maintain the allocated annual budget for Group Compliance, ensuring the cost effective management of allocated spend.
- Superior negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Strong business partnering and relationship management experience, with a track record of engaging with senior stakeholders, up to and including Board level.
- Strong analytical skills, using data to gain insights and problem solve
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and business expectations
- Discipline to work independently whilst taking a collaborative approach when needed
- Ability to link business process and activity to compliance risk implications
- Pragmatic and focussed on stakeholder needs and pre-empts roadblocks
- Reliable, open and honest team player
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic
- Functional understanding of end to end business processes
- Understanding of Compliance and Compliance Risk Australian Standards (ISO19600:2015 and ISO31000:2009)
- Knowledge of key regulatory requirements and governance frameworks for each of the key business units and support functions
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in setting and working to effective budgets and approaches to cost control efficiency measures
- Proactive in managing your career and continuous personal development
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!