What we're like
BIG W's best and most valued asset is its team of 22,000 passionate people in Australia and Asia. We believe the most vital ingredient to driving our business success is our people and we aim to empower every individual to make a positive contribution, extend career skills and ultimately maximise their potential.
• Highly creative, fun in house creative team
• Join the BIG W turnaround
• Experienced and inspiring leadership team offering great career development
A great opportunity exists to join our Graphic Design team as a senior graphic designer. Reporting into Design Manager, you will be part of a team who work on all creative material for the BIG W business, specialising in digital and animations for social.
Communicate with Key Stakeholders in the design team throughout all projects to manage deadlines and expectations
Support the wider team in delivery of projects where required.
Partner with the brochure coordinators to finalise the layout of catalogue
Partner with the digital and marketing teams to execute on digital media campaigns, utilising your animation skills.
• Working within brand guidelines with supplied or created assets• Experience with motion and video design• Technically skilled with after effects cc (flash and google web designer proficiency is highly regarded)• Strong UI design skills • Exposure to user-centered design and UX methodologies
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience working in Agency or across a large corporate organisation. You will need to demonstrate the following behaviours:
• Proven experience working on multiple projects of varying complexity, within a deadline driven environment
• Strong technical skills in Adobe, Indesign, Illustraotr and Photoshop
Please ensure you upload a portfolio of work with your application.
For over 50 years BIG W has been the trusted backstop of Australian households. We have clothed Australian families, furnished Australian homes and filled Australian toy boxes. We opened our first store on the outskirts of Newcastle in New South Wales in 1964 and have 186 stores operating across Australia today.
BIG W is proud to provide Australian shoppers with a broad range of quality general merchandise products at low prices. From women's, men's and children's clothing and shoes to homewares, electronics, pet food, cleaning items, party goods, toys and books, BIG W is a popular one-stop-shop for customers seeking great design, brands and value across the country.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!