David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an extraordinary life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of extraordinary easy.
Our Stores Executive team are responsible for delivering seamless experiences to all our customers across our stores.
Within our Stores, a Merchandise Manager will demonstrate leadership and guidance across various portfolios and support their teams in delivering exceptional service to our customers. As a leader in store, the Merchandise Manager will at times be required to oversee all store functions, be a point of escalation and with their experience they will support delivery of successful results
In this role you will:
- Work with the Store Manager and your Sales Managers on tactical plans for a significant financial portfolio.
- Work cross-functionally with our Buying Teams and Marketing Teams to maximise ranging opportunities, merchandise performance and local events.
- Work on company initiated projects within the store including new brand additions, operational changes and training initiatives.
- Coach and manage your direct reports and their teams to drive engagement, healthy succession and maximum individual productivity
- Manage significant salary budgets.
- Oversee the company's inventory management practises, including Risk Management and Stock-Loss mitigation.
- Effectively manage and monitor department sales budgets on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
- Ensure company service standards are met by inspiring your wider teams.
- Always demonstrate safe behaviours and environmentally sound work practices throughout all business departments.
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have a track record of success in managing a retail / customer service focused business
- Have exceptional people management skills, with a focus on coaching and inspiring your teams
- Are versatile and adaptable in line with business needs
- Have proven experience meeting and exceeding set sales targets and company KPI's, and developing your team members to do the same
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation
- Have a demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key senior stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Are highly numerate with a strong commercial nous
- A customer comes first attitude - go above and beyond and be a true brand ambassador
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer:
- Employee discounts & a highly competitive incentive scheme
- A great team who are inspired to make a difference for our customers
- Opportunities for high performers with aspirations
- Ongoing on the job training and development
- A management team that cares, investing their time to develop and coach
If you're looking for an exceptional career, please begin your application below.