David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an extraordinary life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style – a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of extraordinary easy.
The Marketing, Financial Services and Customer Innovation teams focus on delighting our customers by offering a fully integrated and seamless customer experience through various online and offline marketing channels. The team is responsible for our brand positioning, engagement initiatives and communication campaigns as well as delivering a range of financial services and products to our customers.
As David Jones Head Office will be relocating to Melbourne from mid 2017 onwards, this is a contract opportunity for an immediate start until February 2018.
For Candidates who are open to relocation to Melbourne, this opportunity may be considered on a permanent basis.
The primary objective of this position is to be an active, dynamic and collaborative member of the David Jones Publicity department, driving positive publicity outcomes for the brand through developing and executing key campaign strategies across major retail events and corporate initiatives. In addition, you will also support the Community specialist in the execution of the David Jones internal and external community program as part of the Good Business Journey.
In this role you will:
- Implement integrated publicity strategies for key campaigns, retail and corporate initiatives including food, new stores and CSR program
- Develop publicity communications collateral necessary to support the delivery of campaigns, including media releases, press kits, speaking notes etc, in line with agreed messages and approvals
- Maintain awareness of key issues and trends that may impact David Jones publicity outcome
- Manage key projects within the community program such as external campaigns with our charity partners, employee fundraising activity, employee volunteering program and employee workplace giving program
- Identify and work with vendor partners to secure products and services for charity raffles, gift bags and auctions
- Develop newsworthy pitches and identify key media opportunities
- Media relations including building media relationships, pitching and managing media opportunities
- Building and maintaining media lists, maintaining and in depth knowledge of key media (publications, journalists and relevant sections) to identify opportunities
- Planning (inc. strategy and theming) and organising press briefings, photography, conferences, media briefings, etc
- Manage, analyse and disseminate all media clippings to the executive team, including monthly and selected campaign analysis reporting
- Manage budgets, expense trackers and monthly forecasting for assigned programs
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have previous Public Relations experience at senior account executive to account manager level (agency) or equivalent in-house role
- Food PR experience preferred (but not essential)
- Can demonstrate the ability to deliver strong PR outcomes
- Can demonstrate the ability to identify, develop and place news stories
- Possess project management skills
- Are organised, efficient and planning-oriented
- Have previous stakeholder management experience
- Are a skilled communicator with strong writing skills
- Have attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Possess previous experience in expense management
- Have a genuine interest and are aware of current retail trends, retail market and competitive environment
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We:
- Are a trusted iconic brand
- Take pride in what we do and recognise our employees efforts for the seamless service and exceptional experience they provide our customers
- Promote career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- Pursue excellence and offer ongoing training and development
- Have a flexible workforce, we balance our employees and customers needs
If you're looking for an extraordinary career, please begin your application now.